Friday, March 4, 2011

Praise God

I want to take a few minutes and praise God for all that he is doing in my life!

I can honestly say that I have never been happier in my life, and I owe it all to God.

Over the summer I was having a really hard time understanding the season of life that I am in. I had just graduated from collage, didn't have a job, wasn't in a relationship, and was living with my parents.

I had never felt so lost. For the first time in my life I didn't know what was next. That was scary. I have always known what I was going to do next in my life. This left me questioning God. Was He real, did I believe, why wasn't He doing anything in my life?

I ended up finding a life group. I started to attend on a regular basis, and found there were so many other young adults in the same situation that I found my self in. I wasn't sure if I should be happy other people were experiencing the same things I was or be sad that they were going through the same thing. In some sense it was nice to know that I wasn't alone.

I now know that during this time, I was doing everything on my own. Sitting in my sorrow, applying for all kids of jobs, and dating random people. I know that I was in control of my life. Well so I though. I had to be. I didn't know where I was going and I needed anything to keep me from loosing it. So keeping hold of my life and "making" it go where "I" wanted it to go seemed like the only answer.

I remember going through this time and being very depressed. I remember not knowing what to do. So I prayed, and prayed a lot. Not knowing if God was listening or if He would even answer. But I did have faith and I did believe that He loved me and He knew what was best for me.

Little did I know that my prayers were being answered. During this time that "I" was in control of my life God was teaching me a very big lession. I later came to realize that when I was in control nothing happened. I almost felt as if I was drowning and that the longer I ran my life the deeper I got into nothingness.

As I prayed through this time God showed me something profound that I will never forget. When I run my life I fail, but if I give my life to Him and follow the path he has chosen for me, He will provide. When I give my life over to God and allow him to show me the path I am called to be on He provides.

Over the last few months I have done just that. Given my life back to God and surrendered to Him. I know that I am safe in his arms, and know that by obeying Him and trusting in Him I will not have to worry, seek, sorrow, or anything else for that matter. Now I know there will be hard times, but knowing that my life is in Gods hands reassures me that I will be ok, and that He will never give me more then I can handle.

So back to the praising of God. I never thought I would be where I am at 25 and be so happy. I am so blessed by the friendships I have made this year, and know that this is Gods work.

I have always known that I was called to be something more, but never knew what that looked like. Now that I have given my life back to God he is providing so much. I feel like I am living the life I was created for, and I know that this pleases God.

I am so grateful for the people I have in my life and for what God has provided. Just to name a few things He has provided in the last few months:

Friends
Finical Security
A Job
Happiness
Forgiveness
Love
Security
Peace
Wisdom

I am so thankful that God is a stable piece of my life. I have never been so happy before, and been happy at where I was in life. I feel as if my relationship with God is stringer then ever and I know that it is because I gave my life to Him once again. I am no longer living for myself but living the life that God has provided.

I thank God for what He has given me and thank Him for all that Has has yet to give. I know that He will provide all of my days!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Christy. I am so excited for what God has in store for you. You're an absolutely beautiful girl inside and out. I'm blessed to count you as a friend, you really encourage me and help keep my focus where it should be, on our amazing God!

    ReplyDelete